Wednesday, June 19, 2013

A Little Shameless Self-Promotion

As some of you may or may not know, I love to create art, and even studied it for a few years in University. Why aren't I still? Oh, you know the score, life and things, yadda yadda yadda, but that doesn't mean I don't still create things from time to time and absolutely love doing it!

That being said, after recently working on my photoshop skills a bit more (they are still found quite wanting), I decided to create some of my own designs for products and prints on Redbubble for purchase. A portfolio of my work can be found here:
http://www.redbubble.com/people/lisabuchfink/portfolio

Some works are solely photographic prints, but the majority of my designs on there are fan-works for products such as t-shirts, iPhone cases, stickers, etc.

Although I don't update it or add new work incredibly frequently, I will be working on some more designs throughout the summer, and urge you to take a look if you will at some of the things I create. I'm not per-say saying you need to buy anything, but feedback in generally is always appreciated!
But just for a taste of what you might find, here are a few examples of the things that I have created so far (and acquired for myself... oh dear, am I my own biggest fan?):


Firstly, my personal favourite of my designs so far, The Silence from Doctor Who on an iPhone cover.


Next, three different designs made into stickers (which are now adorned on my heavily pasted suitcase), including a melting Lady Bullseye from the Daredevil comics, a Doctor Who quote in Circular Gallifreyan (the language of the time-lords), and a progressive growth of Shuma-Gorath, a villain sometimes seen in Spiderman comic books.




Two shirts (the colour you print on varies and can be personally decided for each), the left of the Eleventh Doctor fixing the TARDIS, as inspired by the end of "The Doctor's Wife" episode of Doctor Who, and the right being a ribcage inscribed with Enochian/angelic text.

Finally, a closeup/wearing-shot of the ribcage with Enochian writing. My best-selling design as of yet, and inspired by (but not a direct translation of) the inscriptions placed on the ribs of the Winchester brothers by Castiel in season 5 of Supernatural.


These are only a few of the designs I have so far, and as I mentioned before, I plan on making more throughout the summer months or as I have the time to do as such. So if you have some time and want to take a gander, by all means, please do so! If there's one thing I like more than creating things, it's sharing with others what I have made.

No comments:

Post a Comment