Monday, May 20, 2013

My Past Week in Ireland (And When Your Photos Come out Better Than You Thought They Would)

My sister and I recently took a tour around Ireland, and while it was rainy and cold, we absolutely loved it. When you think of Ireland you may think of green rolling hills and old crumbly castles, and that is exactly what you will find in some areas, but it is totally different in others. Of course I had to take some photos, and even though I was using just a little old point-and-shoot digital camera, some of my shots came out looking pretty nice. That is to say, I'm pretty proud of them, as I would be walking and suddenly stop and say, "Wait! ... This is a really good angle," and just snap a photo really quick. I mean, I'm not a professional obviously, I just like to share after all. Here are a couple of the compositional highlights (a few of which I adjusted the colouring of slightly) to show how lovely the country can be, even when it pours rain on you at least once a day:


The fort at the edge of a cliff on the Aran island Inishmaan.

Stones from the fort at Inishmaan
And old cemetery on Inishmaan


In the city of Londonderry/Derry in Northern Ireland


Kilkenny Castle, which I have taken to calling the "abbey" (it was very Downton-style inside)


Campus at Trinity College in Dublin
Cathedral in Londonderry/Derry
The old fortress on the Cliffs of Moher


A house in St. Stephen's Green in Dublin


What we called the "Ireland Tree," at Trinity College in Dublin



1 comment:

  1. AnonymousMay 20, 2013

    Abso-freaking-lutely gorgeous Lisa Bee! You have quite the eye; your angles and compositions are stunning!

    ReplyDelete